07 Dec Mentor Teaching Moves: Now That’s a Notebook! #T4TMoments
Saving time and being organized are mentor teaching moves. We recently discovered something that helps us do both – a smart notebook – Rocketbook.
Here is how it works:
- You take notes using Pilot FriXion Pens
- You choose a destination(s) for your notes that are linked to the cloud
- Scan the QR code and your notes will transfer to the destination you assigned
- When the notebook is filled, simply microwave it to erase it.
- Your files are archived and your notebook is empty.
This notebook is truly magical. If you still like to handwrite your notes, drafts, and lists – this is the perfect solution for you. We love it!
Here are the destinations you can scan your notes:
- We have one set of symbols that is dedicated to our shared files. This way whenever either of us takes a note we can scan it and share it.
- We use it when we “chart” in classrooms. Rather than using chart paper, we put the notebook under the document reader and take notes. We can revise it over time and update it easily. Once we scan it, we can share it with teachers and students.
- We use it as a literacy coach in our collaboration with teachers. It is easy for us to share our follow-up notes with a grade level team or individual teacher. We just write, scan and send!
We have only had it for about a month – so we are just starting to discover the ways we can use this tool to enhance communication, collaboration, and efficiency. All this for $25.00! And the pens…don’t get us started on the pens!